The King Richard's Antique Center was started 30 years ago (1979). It was know as one of the largest antique malls west of the Mississipi.
Before it was an antique center, the site was used for another purpose. Around the turn of the century (1903), the site was used for citrus packing. The building is a historical building and is on the Local Register of Historic Resources (Citrus Assoc. Packing House)
Check out the following link to get a historical account of the site and photos of the site - special thanks to Jim Lancaster for this story.
California's Largest & Most Historic Antique/Vintage Store
• Authentic California Antiques
• Over 1 acre of antiques
• 57,000 sq ft., 302 dealer spaces, 4 floors
• Largest antique store - largest antique mall in California
• One of the oldest antique centers (over 30 years)
• A "one-stop" antique store destination in California
• One of the most historic buildings (over 100 years old) in the Whittier and Los Angeles California area
• View our Historic page for details
• Specializing in vintage and antique period furniture (chairs, desks, mirrors, china cabinets, kitchen, bedroom items - Italian, French, Victorian, Western, retro/modern or mid-century); antique and vintage jewelry, vintage lighting, collectibles, vintage clothing and services like appraising, electrical services, optician - vintage eyewear and auctions.
• See our Dealer Gallery pages
• We buy estates and offer classes, custom jewelry design and metal works services
• Fresh cup of coffee